OK, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five For Friday for the first time. Yes, I know it's Saturday afternoon, but better late than never, right??!!
This has been QUITE a week! In fact, this post will be lacking in pictures because I was so busy that I forgot to take any. Boo.
1. This week was conference week AND grade card week for us. Who planned that?? Needless to say, I was one happy girl when I left school Thursday evening (night 2 of conferences), knowing that I had survived! Grade cards had gone home and conferences were over. I have an awesome class and conferences went very well, but it's still a little overwhelming making sure you have everything organized and ready to share with parents.
2. Yesterday I turned my Daily 5 time into Easter centers. We had a great time! One of the activities deserves special mention. My intervention specialist (and blogging buddy--check her out at The Phonics Phenomenon) created what appeared to be an Easter coloring sheet, but what the kids didn't know was that I had written sight words on it with a white crayon. When they painted it with their watercolors--which was quite exciting all by itself--the words magicaly appeared! So.much.fun. And THIS would be the place I really wish I had thought to take a picture to show you!
3. We also did a fun Jelly Bean Graphing activity for math that the kids LOVED! I got this here from Simply Kinder on Freebielicious
I was thrilled with how well they did with this activity! And again--NO PICTURE! Ugh--so mad at myself!
4. March Madness started this week! I love basketball and the NCAA tournament is one of my favorite things. I love filling out my bracket and watching all the games. I've been known to pick a pretty mean bracket, but I'm afraid this year isn't looking great for me! Who know there would be so many upsets??!! The best part is that my beloved Buckeyes were ON FIRE last night and look poised to make a long run. I don't care how busted my bracket is if my Buckeyes go all . . . the . . . way!!
5. I'm on SPRING BREAK!! That's right, folks! No school for this girl until next Tuesday! Nothing else needs to be said . . . .
Thanks for reading! Now go link up!