Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Double Linky! Planning and Workin' It!

I'm linking this post to two linkies linkys linky's  what is the plural of linky anyway??!!  I'll let you decide!  None of them look right!

First, I'm linking with Primary Possibilities to share a little bit about how I plan.

 
Last year, I created a template on line for each day, then printed them out each week and filled them in.  It was my first year in Kindergarten and at the beginning of the year, I was really overwhelmed with it all.  This allowed me to actually carry my plans with me everywhere I went because they weren't in a binder or plan book.  At the end of each day, I three-hole punched them and stuck them in a binder.  That system seemed to work pretty well for me.
 
Then I discovered this.
Sorry I can't get the picture to rotate!
 
My Erin Condren planner.  I plan to use this for this coming year and I'm super excited about it.  I love how everything will be all in one place.  I'm still not sure whether I'll use the lesson plan pages for my actual lesson plans.  I'm thinking I may use them to plan my small groups and still keep my digital template format from last year.  I've been trying to come up with a form for my small groups, but haven't been able to create exactly what I want.  Maybe this plan book will work!
 
I also am going to use these.
 
They are ERASABLE!  I'm planning to use a different color pen for different things so my plans and calendar will be color coded. 
 
Here's how I lay out my "stuff" for each week.  I have one of these.
Staples® Black Wire Mesh Super Sorter
The one I have has 5 slots so I have a file folder for each day of the week.  At the beginning of the week, I just file everything I'm going to need for each day.
 
Nothing too exciting there, but that's how I do it.  So far, it's been a work in progress to find what works best for me. 
 
 
 
And now onto Workin' It Wednesday with Surfin' Through Second
 
A few weeks ago, I linked with Corinna and talked about the DVD workouts my husband and I were starting.  I wanted to update.  We've been very faithful and only missed a few days over the last three weeks.  And IT'S WORKING!!  One thing I've always been frustrated with is those dreaded "butt dimples."   No matter what workout I did, nothing seemed to get rid of those dimples on my thighs.  Is this TMI??  I know you all get me on this one.  Well, I have discovered that they are disappearing!  I'm finally getting the legs that I had in high school back! 
Here's that workouts that we are doing . . . 30 minutes a day.  That's very do-able for us!
 
Now we are headed to the beach in a few days and when we get back, I'm thinking I'm going to start one of those squat challenges or "sexy leg" challenges I've seen floating around out there. If you've done one of those do you have any suggestions??
 
Now I've got to go finish packing for the beach!  Yay! 
Oh, and don't forget to go check out my amazing 100 followers giveaway.  Items up for grabs from many fabulous bloggers!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I need to order some of those pens!! Your EC planner is super cute! That is awesome that you are seeing results. It does take work and dedication, but it pays off. I need to get going with that squat challenge. It doesn't take much to add it into my daily routine. Have fun at the beach!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete