Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for Friday already?

Gosh, when I'm in school it seems like forever until the next Friday, but now that I'm on summer break it seems like I JUST did a Five for Friday post!  Summer--slow down!

fiveforfriday


As I said, I'm out of school, so there won't be much "educational value" to this Five for Friday! 



 
My cousin got married.  We had a fabulous time at the wedding and I LOVED my new dress.  Aren't we cute? 
 
And just because I want to show off my beautiful family--here are two bonus pictures!
 
I know we kind of have glow eyes, but I still love the picture.  That's my youngest cousin in the middle and my daughter.

And here's more ornery-ness than should be allowed in one room together.  That's the bride's son and my son.  Very good buddies and now they are so excited that they are "cousins!"
 
 

Hubby and I have been faithfully working out every day this week so far!  Yep--4 days in a row.  That's an accomplishment for us!  We don't live near a gym or anything so we like to head to our basement and pop in a DVD.  We really like these 10 minute trainer DVDs.  I talked more about them the other day.  You can read that  HERE.
 

 
We took both kids to 4H camp yesterday.  Yes, both kids are at camp until Monday. Getting them both packed for 4 days turned my living room into a mountain of clothes! I'm not quite sure what to do with myself with both of them gone! I'm not sure this has ever happened since my daughter was born 12 years ago!  Of course, I'm blogging, reading and creating! 
 
 
 
 
I've become a total Instagram addict!  I love seeing everyone's pictures.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you really should.  It's very fun.  You can find me at @alwaysanadventureink
 
 


 
I'm working on new products for my classroom with a matching color scheme.  I kind of have a rock star theme going on.  Nothing over the top, but I like the blacks and bold neon colors with a little zebra print thrown in!  I found digital paper from Ashley Hughes that matches my colors perfectly and I'm working on re-doing everything with that background.  First up was my word wall.  I just finished these up this morning.  I love the way they turned out.  You can find them here in my TpT store.  Best part?  They are editable so you can add your own words to them!
 
And here's a little added bonus on this fabulous Friday!  Sara at Primary Buzz is hosting her 100 followers giveaway.  People, it's HUGE!  Head over there and check it out!
 
Primary Buzz
 
 
Now head on over to Doodle Bugs to see what the rest of the bloggy world has been up to this week!
 
Doodle Bugs Teaching
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for stopping by! I'm glad I found your blog too, I'm your newest follower! I am a total instagram addict too! I'm searching for you!

    Mandi
    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already got the request and followed you, too! See--I told you I'm an addict!

      Delete
  2. I love Instagram. It has slowly become a HUGE addiction for me! @secondgradenest. I'm following you now on Insta!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha! I'm following now, too! And I'm heading over to your blog right now!

      Delete
  3. Yay for being able to follow each other both on our blogs and on Instagram! It's just so fun and addicting! :) Those word wall cards you created are so very happy looking- very cute!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I have those ten minute trainer videos... maybe I should dig them out, huh? :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    I knew the minute I read "already" in your title that you were on vacation- cause this week was f o r e v e r in school! :) Love your pictures and your dress. SO proud of you for the workouts. That is my goal... once summer starts for me. I think I need it because when I read "editable" word wall cards- I read it as "edible" word wall cards. HA! Guess I'm hungry!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an Instagram addict too! I'm following you now! :) @asunnydayinfirstgrade

    Happy summer!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ready for vacation! Two more days! Good for you with the workouts!! I can see that I need to learn about instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through the linky! New follower! I also love instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your work out goal - 4 days in a row is impressive! I love Instagram too!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog right now too!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy
    Instagram @crayonsandwhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my page! I got the fabric for the crates at Walmart. They were really cheap! I am thinking of changing it up for this year though. I am loving chevron!

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete