Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Workin' It Wednesday and a Freebie!

Today I'm linking up with Corinna at Surfin' Through Second for her weekly "Workin' it Wednesday" linky.  Thanks, Corinna, for keeping us motivated!  And if you've never checked out her blog, you totally should.  Folks, SHE LIVES IN HAWAII!!  Isn't that reason enough to want to check out her posts?  Pictures of Hawaii??  I live vicariously through her blog . . .   And she has fabulous products and ideas, too! But enough about that, you want to know how I'm "workin' it," right?
 
 
My husband and I are very bad about working out through the winter.  We live in Ohio so anything outside is out of the question.  We are super busy running our kids to sporting events and practices and piano lessons and everything else.  And of course, we both work all day-he leaves for work around 5:30am most mornings!  Who has time to workout??!! 
 
We get better about it when the weather gets warmer and we always get serious about it about a month before our annual beach vacation!  We've done P90X for two summers, but we've never made it through all 90 days.  Even in the summer, time is an issue.  Those workouts are about an hour long every day. 
 
The other day, I saw an infomercial about the 10 Minute Trainer DVDs.  They are done by Tony Horton, the P90X guy, and incorporate a lot of the same activities, but each workout is only 10 minutes!  If you are short on time, just do one.  If you have more time do 2 or 3!  We thought it would be perfect for our busy schedules. We started Monday with doing the full 30 minute workout each day.  OH.MY.WORD.  I probably won't be able to sit at this computer the entire time it takes to write this post because my booty is SO sore!  The good kind of sore.  The kind of sore where you know something was accomplished!  My legs--SORE.  My abs--SORE.  My upper arms--SORE.  I think something is working!
 
 
We leave for the beach in 3 1/2 weeks.  Hopefully with 30 minutes of this every day until then we will be looking good!  Or at least better than we do now! 
 
 
And now to change gears--I made this cute teddy bear math activity for my kiddos to do on letter T day of our ABC Countdown to summer.  I finally got around to tweaking a few things and adding some finishing touches for all of you and I'm ready to share it!  We were working on all the different ways to make 10.  I gave them each a sorting mat and 10 Teddy Grahams.  They put some on one side of the mat and some on the other side and then wrote their number sentence on their recording sheet.  They loved it--especially when they got to eat the teddy grahams when we were finished!  And by the way, the cute frames in this product--Corinna's at Surfin' Through Second!  See--I told you that you need to check her out!
 
 
 
 
 
And don't forget to head over to Surfin' Through Second to see how everyone else is workin' it!
 
surfin' Through Second
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It is really hard to get a good workout routine and to keep it consistent!! I grew up in Colorado and I always put on weight during those long winter months. That is awesome that you can do those workouts for 10 minutes! I am not very good with videos, but I have been on the Wii with my daughters doing Just Dance! I love it, so much fun! Good luck in getting ready for your beach vacay, it will be here in no time!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the 10 minute workouts. Like the idea of that! I use my iPhone app called Nike Training Club (workouts made for women) and they're only 30 mins long. I totally agree with the good soreness. It's awesome to be sore because you know it helps, but it also is NOT fun because it hurts!! I'm your newest follower!

    Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete