It's Friday!!! And not that I'm counting or anything, but I just realized I only have 4 more Fridays this year! Exciting and overwhelming all at the same time! So much to do, but so much fun to be had!
Here's my Five for Friday this week!
1. We had kindergarten screening this week for our incoming kindergarteners. Our district gets us subs for 2 days and we conduct the screening. It's really interesting to meet the kids and get a little insight into behaviors and abilities. It does make me realize, though, how far my kids this year have come! Do I have to start all over again next year? Can't I just keep these kids who can read and write and follow routines? So, what are your screening procedures like?
2. We began our ABC Countdown to the end of the year this week. Wednesday was stuffed animal day. We read to them during Daily 5 and we also used them for a math lesson on sorting. Here we sorted them by size. So much fun!
We are using the ABC Countdown pack from Live Laugh Love Every Day in Kindergarten. Check it out HERE
3. We went on a Digraph Hunt this week! My kiddos love activities that require a clipboard and moving around the room so I try to do something like that every week for Word Work during
This week we used my Digraph Pack that you can find in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
Click HERE for my blog post about this pack.
4. Continuing with our ABC Countdown, we had Backwards and Bubbles day! We lucked out and had a beautiful 84 degree day to head outside and blow bubbles. It's Ohio, people. That was a TREAT! There's a chance of snow overnight tonight and a high of 46 tomorrow so 84 was
5. Today was Crazy Hair Day! Oh.my.goodness. So cute! I was rocking some pretty crazy hair myself and thought several times today that I needed to take a "selfie" for this post and I forgot! I seriously did--I'm not just saying that! I wanted to share my pink and purple glittery pig tails with you all! I'm sure some of these kids had to get up an hour early to get their hair ready for school! Well, the girl with the black hair is wearing a wig so hers was easy, but the rest--WOW!
OK, I'm off to a CRAZY busy weekend!
Go link up!