Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday on Friday!

You know you have it bad when you race home from school just so you actually have time to get your Five for Friday post done before all the weekend craziness begins! We are heading out to eat to celebrate my hubby's birthday soon, so I'm going to keep this quick!  I just REALLY wanted to join the party ON Friday this week!

fiveforfriday2_thumb3
 
NUMBER ONE
 
We've been working very hard on our writing stamina for Daily 5.  I was so proud of them today.  I'm using Writing Through The Year from Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills this year and so far I'm very pleased.  This kiddos have a long way to go--most of them just write scribbles for words--, but I'm really happy with the writing unit so far.  I really needed a guide and this is perfect for me!
 
NUMBER TWO
 
I finally got around to taking their pictures for our birthday display this week.  It was one of those things that kept slipping my mind!  When one of the kiddos asked me what those empty spaces on the bulletin board were for, I figured I better get at it.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  I was quite certain I had a picture of our birthday display, but I guess not.  Use your imagination friends.  I took the chevron gifts clip art from Ashley Hughes and added the months of the year to it.  Then I'm going to hang their pictures next to their birthday month.  Look for it in next week's Five for Friday!

NUMBER THREE
We have began using this fabulous September Word Work pack from Kindergarten Smiles.  I already loved everything she has ever made and this just seals the deal!  It is A-MAZE-ING.  But what else is amazing is the coloring skills of this kiddo.  Look at that fire truck!  She does beautiful work.  I might have to have her make my anchor charts for me! 
 
NUMBER FOUR
I LOVE SCENTOS!  My class loves Scentos, too and will do just about anything to get me to write on their papers and journals with Scentos.  I have a couple stamps which are the best.  I forgot to take a picture of them before I left school and I can't find a good one online.    I have a special needs child with me all day this year and it's hard to keep her focused and motivate her.  Today we discovered that she WILL WORK FOR SCENTOS!  Magic!!
 
 
NUMBER FIVE
I'm loving my custom mini from Tongass Teacher! How cute am I??  I had her draw me in my Buckeyes jersey and my Buckeyes beads (and my favorite Uggs!).  This is what I will look like every Saturday for the rest of the year!
 
Head over to Doodlebugs Teaching to see what everyone else has been up to this week!
 
OK, off to dinner and then home to chill out!  My daughter has her first soccer game of the season tomorrow at 8am?! Who schedules these things??
 
 
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Five for Friday. Looks like your kiddos are already into the routine and on task!

    Enjoy your daughter's soccer game!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way with this 5 for Friday! I don't want the actually job of "school" ruining my "school" blogging! ;) I LOVE your mini-me! She is awesome!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete