Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Currently December!

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!  I'm linking up with Farley this morning for my Currently post.  This is going to be short and sweet because I actually have to go to school today. It has been so nice to have a week off.  I love that we get Monday after Thanksgiving off, too.  It always feels like a bonus day.  Guess those are the perks of living in an area where hunting is a huge deal--you get the first day of deer season off from school!
 
Anyway, here's what's Currently going on with me . . . .

 
Most of this is pretty self explanatory . . .
 
I think I've mentioned in previous posts how loud my dog snores.  That could probably always be what I list in that box!
 
I got my house all decorated this weekend.  Is there seriously anything better than sitting down at night with only the Christmas lights on in the house??  It makes me want to watch It's a Wonderful Life every night!
Here are two of my favorite ornaments from our tree.
 

Hubby gets an ornament like this each year for the kids and I.  Last year, we finally had enough to do our whole tree in these glass ornaments.  I love them so much!
 
 
I really need to make a list of what I've already purchased for my family and what I still need to get.  I keep telling myself I'm almost done.  I actually think I'm done DECIDING what to get, but I don't think I've gotten it all yet.  Big difference!
 
Yes, I'm already hoping for snow on Christmas.  Hey, we had a white Thanksgiving so I don't think a white Christmas is too much to ask for, is it??
 
One thing I didn't get to this weekend was loading the Christmas music onto my iPod.  Thank goodness for Sirius radio and Pandora.  It got us through the decorating!
 
Going to our Christmas Eve service at my church is my favorite tradition.  I think I've only ever missed one service in my entire life and that was because it was cancelled due to a huge winter storm.  Our church sits up on a hill and has a long drive up to it.  The drive is lined with luminaries and it's so beautiful.  And when the entire congregation forms a circle, lights their candles, and sings Silent Night, well, I get emotional just thinking about it . . . .
 
I'm going to go link this up with Farley and I can't wait to read about everyone else's Christmas traditions!  Thanks for reading . . .
 
Oh' boy fourth grade
 


3 comments:

  1. Your dream for a white Christmas sounds beautiful!!!! Besides, we are all out on break so what better than to be covered in snow when you can stay in your pj's all day! :) I don't think our chances for a white Christmas are great in Texas, but I will dream with you. I love Christmas Eve services too. Your church sounds beautiful and I would love to spend the evening at your special service. How important that is to cherish with your family.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful ornaments--they remind me of my grandparents tree. My family tree will be heavy on the delicate ornaments near the top since I have a toddler and baby around. Have a Merry Christmas!
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love the ornament and Christmas Eve service traditions. I might have to start them with my family!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete