Friday, May 24, 2013

My Summer Bucket List

What teacher doesn't have a summer bucket list??  Yesterday was my last day with students!  Today we are undergoing safety training (I hear they are going to simulate an active shooter situation for us-YIKES!) and then Tuesday is our final work day and I can get to work on MY bucket list!  It's fairly simple and probably much like most teacher bloggers!
 
1.  I want to reach 100 followers and have my first Giveaway.  I have a ways to go, but I'm hoping with more time to blog and connect with others over the summer, that I might just reach this goal! 
 
2.  I want to have more time to make all my ideas for products for my classroom a reality.  I only started creating things over my spring break in March so it's taken me some time to really get the hang of it.  I have an evergrowing list and I want to get to work on it.  And that also, of course, means adding more products to my TpT Store!
 
3.  I'm going to begin contributing at Teaching Blog Round Up and I hope to make new blogging buddies over there!  If you haven't checked out this up and coming blog, please do!  I don't think you'll be sorry!  My first day to contribute is coming up next week and I'm very excited!
 
4.  Clean out and organize the basement.  Probably the least exciting item on the bucket list but the one that will make me happiest to check off!
 
5.  Enjoy every minute of our annual family vacation to Ocean Isle Beach, NC. I can taste the Sunset Slush already! 
 
6.  Take the kids to a Cleveland Indians game.  We haven't been to one since they were very little.  In fact, I'm not sure my 9 year old has ever been to a game.  We say we are going to go every summer, but we never do.  This WILL be the summer!
 
7.  Drink my coffee on the deck or front porch as many mornings as possible--probably usually with iPad in hand reading teacher blogs . . . .
 
 
Well, those are the biggies.  I could probably list a hundred things, but I'll spare you.  Sorry for no pictures.  No time.  I have to go get ready for our safety training.  I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about this one.  At least we know it won't be a boring PD day!  I'll keep you posted . . .
 
Now I'm going to go link up my bucket list with everyone else's over at Miss Kindergarten.  I can't wait to find  a few minutes this evening to read what everyone else wants to accomlish this summer!

1 comment:

  1. 100 will come....its a FUN milestone to reach! I'm needing to link up too...maybe after our last day and summer truly starts!!!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete