Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday-Digraphs!

 
 
I'm doing my first Throwback Thursday post.  Since I've only been blogging since the end of March, I can't "throwback" very far!   
 
 

Here's a post I towards the end of the school year.  As I'm thinking about heading back to school and ALL the procedures and routines I'm going to have to practice and practice and practice for the first few weeks of Kindergarten, I like to go back to these posts from the end of the school year and remember where we end up!  It takes away a little bit of the panic!
 
And I'd also like to give you a heads up that there may or may not be a Facebook Freebie up today!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
We've been working on digraphs in my classroom throughout the year, but we are hitting them hard right now.  I created some activities for my kiddos and I put them in action last week during our Word Work time.
 
First, they sorted the picture cards on the pocket chart.
 
 
Then they got to work writing them on their recording sheet!
 
 
I just had to include this one!  I loved how they were all spread out on the carpet sitting however they were comfortable, but each working so hard!  This is one of the reasons I love Daily 5-structured, yet kind of unstructured--does that even make sense??
 
 
Look at this smarty pants!  We have just begun talking about silent e, but they haven't really been using it too much independently.  I was thrilled to see this guy have ALL of his 'wh' words spelled correctly!  I think he remembered 'wheel' from an activity the day before, but he got the other two all on his own and even underlined the digraphs and crossed out the silent e just like we do with our Wilson FUNdations lessons!  Brings a tear to my eye  . . . .  Ha!
 
 
I was SO pleased with how this activity went.  Today I'm going to use another activity from the pack--I'm going to place the picture cards around the room, give the kids their clipboard and recording sheet and send them on a digraph hunt!  Find the picture, write the word, and underline the digraph!
 
This pack also includes three picture sorts that I use for morning work/assessment! 
 
You can check it out in my Teachers Pay Teachers store HERE!
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment