Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!  Thanks to my guest bloggers for keeping this blog going last week while I was at the county fair with my kiddos.  They had a tremendously successful week and my hubby and I were proud as peacocks all week!  Now, it's time to get this brain in back to school mode.  I'm really trying not to panic, but I start with PD days on Thursday and then the kids come next Tuesday so I'm running out of time.  I probably should be working instead of blogging!  But, I've missed you all! 
 
I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week '13.  Hopefully I can keep up with the topics this week!
 
 
 
Today's topic is "Meet the Teacher!" 
 
 
I'm not really a very exciting person, so I'll try and think of some things that will knock your socks off!  (I may have to make things up to really impress you . . . )
 
1.  I teach in the same school building where nearly everyone in my family went to school.  My kids were the 4th generation to go through that school building.
 
2.  We have strong 4H connections and my kids love showing animals. My husband and I were both in 4H and our kids are in 4H now.  My cousins were also in 4H.  At our county fair this past week, my youngest cousin was voted Fair Queen.  Here's a picture of her and my kids after showing their pigs.  Is perhaps a picture of current and future fair royalty?

3.  I love sports.  I was never coordinated enough to make my body do what my mind knew it was supposed to do to play, though.  So I just watch.  I love going to our high school sporting events and watching my former students play.  I love watching my kids play soccer.  I love watching college football and basketball.  You get the picture . . .

4. I'm a Disney freak.  I would live in the Magic Kingdom if I could! 



5.  I'm an only child.  I get asked a lot if I like being an only child.  I don't really have anything to compare it to!  It might have been cool to have siblings, but I have awesome parents and we are really close, so it works for me!
 
6.  I love to collect data in my classroom.  I know, I know.  That's usually everyone's least favorite thing.  I just love to see the progress in kids' scores throughout the year.  I know they are making progress, but those numbers make it concrete.
 
7.  I must have a Pepsi every day or I think I might die.  Seriously.  And it must be Pepsi.  Coke is gross.
 
8.  I recently celebrated 17 years of marriage to this great guy.  We have so much fun together.  I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.
 
9.  We have a garden each year.  I freeze corn, and can green beans, homemade salsa, and homemade spaghetti sauce each year.  It's a lot of work, but it gives me such a sense of accomplishment.
 
10.  I'm very un-crafty.  I think that's why creating things for my classroom and TpT has become such a passion for me.  I can "make" things, but since they are digital, they look really good, too!  I guess I'm a digital crafter!


I hope you found something there semi-interesting! Sorry, I'm not that exciting.
 
I'm heading in to school to really get down and dirty in my classroom.  I haven't been in very much, so it's time to get serious.  Hopefully, I'll get things set up enough that I will be back tomorrow to take you on a tour of my classroom for tomorrow's Teacher Week '13 post!
 


Now hop on over to Blog Hoppin' to meet other teachers!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I think we have bonded before over an adoration for Pepsi! I am totally anti Coke and live in the city where it was created! I've been able to tame my addiction to as needed though! Haha

    Denay
    The Gemini Teacher

    ReplyDelete